Today I picked up my new NiSi filters.
My filter kit now consists of:
- NiSi 150mm x 170mm Nano IR 1.2 (GND16/four-stop) soft graduated neutral-density filter;
- NiSi 150mm x 170mm Nano IR 0.9 (GND8/three-stop) reverse graduated neutral-density filter;
- NiSi 150mm x 150mm Nano IR 3.0 (ND1000/ten-stop) neutral-density filter; and
- NiSi filter holder for Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM.
I just had a look at my new filters, and my initial observations are as follows:
- They are extremely high-quality glass filters.
- The filter holder for my Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM is surprisingly large and heavy for its size.
- A 150mm filter is literally a handful; two hands are needed to safely mount and dismount filters this size.
- Extra care will be necessary when using them, as a drop could be disastrous.
- They take up considerable more room in the camera bag — particularly the filter holder.
- NiSi products are very nicely packaged.
I am looking forward to using these.