Our anniversary day was last week, and I bought a bunch of roses for Xenedette as a surprise.
Last weekend I decided that I might shoot a macro image of the petals of one of the roses.
I decided to shoot in natural light, and sprayed the petals with a water gun to produce the water droplets.
After setting up, I bracketed exposures from -1EV to +1EV and then produced an HDR composite, on top of which I applied manual exposure blending and Calvin Hollywood’s ‘Freaky Detail’ technique to bring out even more details.
Here is the result, with which I am quite happy.
I’m not one to shoot flowers at all, and macro is something with which I dabble only very occasionally. In this case, it was worth the effort.
Unfortunately the roses aren’t looking as healthy now as this one did when I photographed it!