Last night I had plans for some twilight photography.
This is one of the images I shot:
This image has been given HDR treatment with Photomatix Pro, with four exposures used to composite the HDR image. Post-processing included:
- increasing overall exposure;
- manually blending parts of the lightest exposure into certain parts of the scene;
- increasing the blacks and mid-tones marginally;
- selective darkening of the sky;
- increasing the contrast in the sky;
- increasing the blue in most of the scene;
- cloning out of a few sensor dust bunnies in the sky;
- cloning out of some rubbish some cretin had left on the deck;
- increasing overall contrast; and
I also had two ND8 filters and a GND8 filter attached, as I wanted long exposures to blur the clouds and ‘silkify’ the water.
Note that this is my first outdoor HDR image.